Chemical Beach




Chemical Beach in Seaburn just inside Co Durham.

Colliery works, Oyster catchers, gulls 

The wind was so strong (onshore), the carpark was so busy with walkers and brides and dogs. 

Blast beach felt too busy, we could see a lush team of litter pickers and  although I am keen to come back to print there, especially in the reed beds, today wasn't the day.

I worked through some vertigo ( always to the amusement of the print crew) to take a look at Chemical beach from the cliff edge. We decided to take a risk , no one seemed to go down to the beach. It was completely empty.

There is a neat wee path down to the beach, it was so windy, but the sun was beautiful and it felt secluded enough to go for a print. I confess once I get started on the print I am always pretty comfortable doing it , but I was anxious/ stressed on the cliff top, a mixture of time pressures and body pressures.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animal Wife

Quarry

Books and Sounds