Honest Tees


To get to the beach you pass the tip, flames in from pipes, titanium oxides, seals, nature reserves.  In the car park is the hefty smell of Frutarom, the maker of fake smells.

We have a relationship with this reactor.
 It was the end of our Nuclear family tour.  There are some neat and unusual links between the cyanotype process and the nuclear process.

Prussian Blue is the colour and chemical created by the cyanotype process. It is also the chemical used to remove radiation from the body. It  sequesters the isotopes from the body.

Honest  landscapes, 
heavy with industry
with the spoils 

City dumps, 
White paint makers
Quorn smells
Ponys 
cows
Sea breezes, seals and dragonflies. Starlings. 




Twitchers looking for green warblers/ only finding brown dragonflies


This plane flew in twice.
maybe I looked like a corpse.. 
maybe they where checking in,
Is everything OK, are you ok out there
Its cold.
We don't often see a naked body on the beach from our place



I judge them badly to begin with.
I want them to stop flying over, but I do look like a set out of Vera, 
A strange ritual on the damp Estuary sands.

Making my aquatic prints. 
Thinking of the sound to make the sounds I hear 

Seals are singing to me from across the river, we are both basking in the September light. I think about Selkies, Mermaids  and Sirens. Sirens where originally winged creatures who had their wings clipped by the Muses and lived on an island surrounded by the corpses of the dead.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animal Wife

Quarry

Books and Sounds